Monday, June 2, 2014

EIGHT-STOREY CONDO RESIDENCES




02 June 2014//:
@Two, Klein, here and now signing on...

One of the petty insecurities I had in my late college days was about rendering. I must say I am a late bloomer in rendering. I was so busy hanging out with friends so had not intended much time to learn or practice the craft. I too stood partly closed-minded that 3D rendering is only for those who find it hard to penetrate in the world of architecture with manual drawings. I thought of the medium as a lame escape at first. It was only on the realization of the fast approaching thesis as we step up to our fifth year that I have become open and appreciative of the idea. 3D is a big and break-through trend in our batch so I somehow unfortunately have only comprehended the art and medium on the exact time when there really has been the call and need for me to be of knowledgeable enough. It was somewhat a pressure at first but perhaps, that too was a perfect timing. Many times, I do well from a not-so-good feeling. I learn things the hard way and that is perhaps why I treasure whatever I am and have. 

One of the things I should be grateful in my work today is that I am surrounded with competitive architects and equally generous persons. We know each other too well that we can complement one another with our strengths and weaknesses. Officially, I entered N.S. Mangio & Associates in May 2012, freshly a month away from graduation (I used and stressed the word “officially” because I have taken my second summer On-the-job training in the same office. But that’s another blog to discuss.)and in these early months, I was assigned to be under the sub-supervision of a senior architect, Arch. Rodel N. Rosario since I am in-charge of the design of the project which he is in-charge of the construction. Being employed in an architectural firm, of course we work for the company’s projects and are expected to give our best and so we do. But no contract confine us to accept personal projects and for that alone, I must be happy with the generosity of our director and his open mind. One of my first TEEGEE from my office mates (T.G. this is one of our office code, meaning Tabing Guhit, literally when translated in English, it means SIDELINE) and rare rendering project is this EIGHT-STOREY CONDO RESIDENCES Project of Arch. Rodel N. Rosario in Magallanes, Makati.

After a long introduction, this is it! :)


Being outsourced to prepare the perspective of such project, I can only tell my story and involvement; and not the brief of the project because as much as I want to, I only know as much. Whenever I am asked to render a perspective, I only ask a client the following: 1.) agreement among the payment and its terms, extent of tolerable revisions, and like; 2.) deadline; 3.) the drawing references such as the exact site map, floor plans, elevations, sections, swatch/images/technical specifications of the finishes. I do not interrogate much on his background of the project since I am not directly involved. As far as I know this perspective is for a proposal. It is yet in the pre-design stage where actual material specification has not been decided upon. I remember one time while Arch. Rodel and I were heading to the project site which we are involved with, we passed a certain building and he told me to keep an image of the structure in my mind because it resembles the color schemes of the project I am about to prepare a perspective of. Luckily, with my familiarity of his taste, my first render has suit his approval.


This is the first furnished render yet with much enthusiasm, I rendered another perspective. It was not a big deal for me to do another one although as per contract, I am only required to submit him one perspective. Since the materials and their corresponding bumps, opacity, transparency, refraction, and like were already set, I only had to create another scene and press the magic icon: "R".


This is the second rendered perspective. Thanks to my personal architecture warehouse which I have collected from different arki friends' archives, I found very good Photoshop entourage materials to polish the perspectives. I must say, I am better in Photoshop than in 3D Vray rendering. I actually almost forget the "how-to's" of rendering whenever I am about to render perspectives because I do it seldom as compared to Photoshop that I knew and have practiced earlier than rendering. Oh, by the way, did I just say, I have prepared the perspectives during nights since I am working in regular office hours. Fantastic, it is that we have this kind of blessings once in awhile. :)

Today, I have no further updates whether or not the project has been pushed through but if it was, I don't think it was awarded to my office mate because I have not heard any updates about it from him. Well, That is business. We take risk, sometimes we win, sometimes we don't. As for me, I am contented as I know to myself that I have satisfied my direct client.

Self worth: re-boosted!


Klein, here and now, signing off://

For rendering services:











#theeffessignature #franklinsarmiento #thesignatory #3Drendering #condoresidences #teegee

No comments:

Post a Comment