Tuesday, July 15, 2014

TAM-AWAN VILLAGE (Garden in the Sky)


15 July 2014//:

@Six Klein, here and now, signing on...


Our Baguio trip last month is truly a breath of new fresh air, not only literally with the cuddly cold climate, but also the experience of something new. I never thought of seeing an outdoor museum. I mean, yah, experiencing nature and its wonder, itself, is like or even more than just feeding the mind with sight-seeing. But those artworks to be exposed to weather? That was a bit doubt to me. Little did I know I would have the extreme appreciation afterwards.





This is nature at its finest. Although the green backdrop is very refreshing, photographs like these are very common yet I am proud to feature this place because I, myself got surprised with how the artworks were introduced by inducing them to the natural environment. The integration was so smooth that as I swing my attention to one side, later do I realize that there is a man creation. C’mon! drag down your mouse ball and discover for yourself the wonders of nature and man’s wise integration. Experience the unique and varying forms of art.












Speaking of nature and God’s creations, herewith are some skulls of animals which naturally suits the feel. The exposure of these is not only relative and appropriate to me but also the purest presentation of the real environment.










Moreover, looking at the last images above, you would notice some pieces expressing the simple life and deep-rooted living of the locals in the area.

And above all the epitomes of their well-established, respected and rich culture, I find these very interesting and cute representations. You know as you see it. J


To end this article, let me express the thoughts behind this vital piece. This is Kanlungan of Herwin Buccat and Sariel Ancheta rightfully spotted on the place’s approach. The artists created a symbolic representation of Mother Earth’s state in the Philippines accented by a marble finish polished sculpture. The woman, seen as mother Earth is enclosed in shell sitting on three leaves symbolizing Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao, the three main islands in the country, with long flowing fiery hair. Stated on the brief is: “…Mother Nature is engulfed in vines fighting forces trying to weaken her, birds flying closely by her are seen as bearers of life, sustaining her in weakness as thorns continue to destroy her body. Underneath are vases carrying water from the seas of the Philippines seen to restore the weakening Mother Nature.”



“In the course of the short trekking in Tam-awan Village, I knew I am having a glimpse of Eden, so innocent and heavenly… And I do want to be another Adam nor Eve letting go of this perfect place.”





Ooops! By the mention, across the road is an art gallery. You might want to visit it too. Art overload: it is! 




Klein, here and now, signing off://

BTS:


To prove the worth of this post, here' Ms. KC Concepcion's IG post expressing her excitement to explore the place. Cool!



#tamawan village #Baguio #garden in the sky #nature #travel blog #Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment